To be a list of features that I like in programs, or alternatively that I think should be in programs.
- able to use common fortune files (
- able to use more than one selected fortune file.
- ability to change font, text size, colour and background colour, or to use system colours (if message box, for instance).
- option of always on top or not.
- ability to copy text of fortune being displayed.
- choice of timed display or until dismissed.
- if timed display, configurable, relating to how many words/letters there are (i.e. 0.1 second for each letter).
- if timed display then configure number of cookies displayed (or unlimited).
- easily dismissed.
- can be displayed only at startup, at timed intervals, as an alarm or randomly.
- if timed intervals then time of intervals configurable.
- if alarm, can be once only or repeatable.
- if repeatable, either daily, weekly, week-daily, weekendly, etc.
- option to beep or play sound file when fortune pops up. repeating if alarm option selected.
- possibly use media player (xmms, winamp, etc) to start playlist as alarm.
- pops up in random location, centre of screen or other specified location.
Reference works - encyclopaedia / dictionary / atlas / thesauraus / quotatons
- articles, pictures, multimedia
- backwards, forwards navigation
- history lists
- resizable, full screen and windows modes (and not a full screen, but only use a small square in the middle, like some digital encyclopaedias have done
- language support
- copy and paste functions (if it's in an encyclopaedia you should be able to use it properly for research)
Agent / FreeAgent a newsgroup reader
There are more like-to-see features here.
last updated: 2004-03-03t01:11z